CREATIVE MARKETING STUNT and Why It's Trending
Create your own pop culture moment with creative marketing stunts
Ignite brand excitement and shareworthy content
Engage the public, press, and influencers with your creative stunt
Give your PR and social team a great stories to share
Attract people and industry accolades
Creative Marketing Stunt
Brands are always looking for ways to stand out and stay culturally relevant. Marketers use creative marketing stunts to achieve these goals. Stunts are super unique activations designed to generate immense, brand attention, relevance, and value.
Creative marketing stunts catapult brands into the spotlight far beyond traditional advertising, experiential, and guerilla tactics. It requires cultural insight, creativity, audacity, and unexpected touches. When done correctly, pop culture activations increase brand awareness, affinity, and sales.
Marketing stunts disrupt formulaic marketing practices. Be prepared for change. Sometimes, they involve building one-of-a-kind products, celebs, and crazy experiences. Due to their originality, creative marketing stunts often take a few months to conceive, coordinate, and execute.
The key to a successful creative marketing stunt is social media engagement, influencer integration, online forum (like Reddit) seeding, and public relations coverage. Your stunt will incorporate these elements and many more from the start. Some people refer to this type of marketing as 'social media stunts' as they're designed for Internet culture.
Pioneering your own moment:
- You're building buzz from scratch, requiring serious lift and, ideally, a dedicated fanbase to fuel your action. Nailing this approach earns your brand legendary status. Think outrageous products, unexpected partnerships, once-in-a-lifetime surprises, poking fun at culture, and activations in offbeat locations.
Joining a culture wave:
- Tap into existing trends, holidays, celebs, or events everyone already discusses. Breaking through still demands planning, production, quick wit, laser-sharp timing, and amplification. This 'create with culture' approach is the most practical and effective because it taps into the existing zeitgeist.
Stunts draw attention through brand moments that people and platforms want to share. The golden 'culture moment' question - What can your brand offer that people will passionately share, debate, and embrace?
Creative Marketing Stunt Services
At ALT TERRAIN, we're culture moment architects, creating opportunities for your brand to join the zeitgeist.
1.) Unmasking Your Potential: Assessment of how culture moments will help you achieve your brand objectives.
2.) Plotting the Course: We chart a creative stunt strategy based on your brand's unique position, offer, and potential.
3.) Ideas That Pop: Development of ideas that perfectly harmonize with your brand and rise to the top of culture.
4.) Constructing Your Stunt: From concept to execution, often a 3 to 6-month process - we'll build all the elements for your brand moment.
5.) Amplifying the Boom: Distribution is the key. We build-in amplification to ensure success - from influencer partnerships and community outreach to digital ads and strategic PR.
6.) Keep the Momentum Going: We don't just launch fireworks and disappear. Follow-up cultural moments sustain your brand as one that is loved and remembered.
Tips for Creative Stunts
- Establish your brand goals from the beginning. It's more than attention; develop creative stunts to reach specific KPIs.
- Marketing stunts should be innovative and inspire wonder among your ideal audience.
- For brand stunts to be effective, they must reflect the brand's identity, contemporary culture, target audience, and overall messaging. Stunts that contradict the above can backfire.
- Prep and engage your audience as you ramp up for your creative marketing stunt. Involve people instead of letting them watch passively.
- Tap into what people are passionate about and aim to evoke strong emotions.
- Weave your creative marketing stunt into a story about your brand, consumers, or society.
- If you want a celebrity to contribute to your stunt, be sure they organically align with the brand vibes, plus budget accordingly.
- Include goodwill elements and give to a nonprofit or cause.
- Timing and context: Ensure the stunt fits the current cultural landscape. Avoid making light of sensitive topics or appearing opportunistic.
- Enhance your stunt's reach with social media best practices; an original, fun hashtag, integrate a contest, give incentives to share, engage in real-time, and create a shortlist of the visuals you need to capture.
- Track your stunt's performance with relevant metrics, such as social media engagement, website traffic, brand mentions, press coverage, and sales lift.
Creative stunts in 2024: What to expect
- More tech: VR, AI, and other technologies will enable new immersive, engaging stunt experiences.
- More social: Integrating online forums, social media, and micro-influencers will increase creative marketing stunts.
- More targeted: Stunts for the mainstream will decrease, and ones for specific subcultures will increase.
- More sustainability: Brands will look for ways to incorporate regenerative marketing practices into their creative stunts.
- More diversity and inclusion: People demand that brands reflect the diversity of the world around them so brands will be more diverse and inclusive in 2024.
- More revenue focus: Pop culture marketing stunts will invite people to take desired brand actions that are revenue drivers.
Culture moment marketing is crafting unpredictable brand actions to ignite the Internet, shake up your industry, and become what everyone's talking about.
Creating them requires extensive research, planning, and production, but they must also be culturally timely and relevant to make an impact on popular culture.
Make sure your creative stunts align with brand values, engage consumers, and achieve specific goals.
Essentially, creative marketing stunts is to elevate companies to new popularity heights, make people feel closer to the brand and achieve desirable results.
Let's chat about your brand goals for 2024.